Legal and Compliance
In the Congo Republic, the legal and compliance responsibility is not a one-time affair, but a continuous process. Below is the various Congo Republic legal and compliance requirement to be followed by incorporated entities:
· Limited liability companies (LLC) in the Congo Republic are required to have at least 1 director who has been a resident in the country for at least 2 years, as well as 1 shareholder of any nationality.
· Public limited companies (PLC) in the Congo Republic are required to have at least 1 director who has been a resident in the country for at least 2 years and 1 shareholder, either an individual or a corporate body of any nationality.
· A minimum required capital of XAF 1 million and XAF 10 million are required for LLCs and PLCs, respectively.
· Branch offices are required to appoint at least 1 director, of any nationality, to act as in charge of the branch’s activities.
· Representative offices in the Congo Republic are not allowed to perform or enter any commercial activity.
YourGlobalPro professionals can assist you in the Congo Republic Legal and Compliance requirements.
HR and Employment Law and Immigration / VISA
Below are some of the important points in relation to HR and Employment Law in the Congo Republic:
· The maximum length of fixed term contracts including renewals is 24 months.
· Employers must pay a premium of 13.7% of hourly pay for overtime work
· Paid annual leaves regardless of tenure is a minimum of 5 days.
Paid annual leaves are as follows:
Employee with 1 years of tenure: 26 days
Employee with 5 years of tenure: 31 days
Employee with 5 years of tenure: 32 days
· Maternity leave granted is a minimum of 105 days.
· Non-residents seeking to work legally in the Congo Republic are required to have a temporary work visa.
· Temporary residence permit issues to non-residents are valid only for one year. The permits is issued by the General Director of Immigration Services in Brazzaville.