Legal and Compliance
Below are the various Ghana Legal and Compliance requirements to be followed by incorporated entities:
· All companies incorporated in Ghana carrying on business in Ghana are required to register with the Ghana Revenue Authority for tax related matter.
· All companies in which there is foreign participation are required to register with Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC) – except operating in the mining and petroleum industry
· Ghana Free Zones Board (GFZB) approval license needs to be obtained by companies operating in industries other than mining, petroleum and timber
· Registration with Minerals Commission (MC) required by all companies operating in mining and mine support service sector
· The Companies operating in upstream oil and gas sector, whether contractors or subcontractor are required to register with Petroleum Commission (PC)
· Registration with National Communication Authority (NCA) required to be obtained by the Companies e importing telecommunication equipment like servers, cellular phones, fax machines, cordless phones and radio equipment’s.
YourGlobalPro will assist you with Ghana Legal and compliance requirements.
HR and Employment Law and Immigration / VISA
Below are some of the important points in relation to HR & employment law in Ghana:
· All the Companies are required to register with Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT) and make social security contributions in respect of its employees.
· Automatic Immigration Quota (AIQ) granted by the Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC) allows a foreigner to work in Ghana.
· Depending on the type of Industry work permit need to be obtained from can be obtained from either the GIPC in the form of an AIQ or the Ghana Immigration Service (GIS)/ Ministry of Interior (MoI).
· contract of employment should be provided in writing for workers employed for six months or longer periods
· Employee entitled for least 15 working days fully paid annual leave and paid Festival (public and religious) holidays.
· Entitled to forty-eight consecutive hours (2 days) of rest per week
· minimum wage rate [7 GH¢ per day] applies to all of Ghana except the free trade zones
A notice of termination of contract of employment shall be in writing