Legal and Compliance
In Niger, the responsibility of legal compliance is not a one-time affair, but a continuous process. Below is the various Niger legal and compliance requirement to be followed by incorporated entities:
· Limited liability companies must have at least 1 director and 1 shareholder of any nationality. The minimum required capital is CFA 1,000,000.
· Public limited companies should have at least 1 director and 3 shareholders of any nationality. The minimum required capital is CFA 10,000,000. The capital must be paid in full before the incorporation.
· Scope of branch offices is defined by the Parent company. Branches must have a registered office in Niger.
YourGlobalPro can assist you on Legal and Compliance requirements.
HR and Employment Law and Immigration / VISA
Below are some of the important points in relation to HR & employment law in Niger:
· Maximum length of single fixed term contract including renewals is 2 years.
· Maximum length of renewable fixed term contract including renewals is 4 years.
· Employers must pay a premium of 10% of hourly pay for overtime work
· Paid annual leaves regardless of tenure is 22 days.
· Nationals of Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, the Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Hong Kong, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo and Tunisia may enter Niger visa-free.
· All the visa types require the applicant to have a passport with at least six months of validity, application form and an international vaccination certificate (yellow fever and cholera). Tourist and business visa also require a return trip ticket.
· Working visa is required for expatriates seeking employment in Niger. Required documents include passport and letter from thee company employing the expat. Furthermore, a sponsorship is required in a form of labor contract or letter of invitation from the company.