Legal and Compliance
In Rwanda, the responsibility of legal compliance is not a one-time affair, but a continuous process. Below is the various Rwanda legal and compliance requirement to be followed by incorporated entities:
· LLCs in Rwanda require at least 2 shareholders and a maximum of 50 shareholders.
· LLCs are not allowed to engage in banking, insurance, and financing business activities.
· PLCs are required to have at least 7 shareholders. There is no limit on the number of shareholders.
· A minimum capital of RWF 100 million is required for PLCs.
· Branches of foreign entities are not considered as separate legal entities.
YourGlobalPro professionals can assist you with Rwanda Legal and compliance requirements.
HR and Employment Law and Immigration / VISA
Below are some of the important points in relation to HR & employment law in Rwanda:
· All labor contracts with a period exceeding 90 successive working days must be in writing.
· Contract of employments concluded for a determined duration must not exceed 2 years.
· Paid annual leaves are as follows:
Workers with 1-year tenure: 18 days
Workers with 5-years tenure: 19 days
Workers with 10-years tenure 21 days
· Application for work permits of foreign nationals is passed to the Director General of Immigration and Emigration.
· Work permits serve as resident permits as well. This allows foreign nationals to live in Rwanda during his/her employment.