Legal and Compliance
In Togo, the responsibility of legal compliance is not a one-time affair, but a continuous process. Below is the various Togo legal and compliance requirement to be followed by incorporated entities:
· Aside from Togolese laws, investors in Togo are also subject to regulations stated by the UEMOA, ECOWAS, OHADA and CIMA.
· A minimum share capital of XOF 1,000,000 and XOF 10,000,000 are required for limited liability company (SARL) and public limited company (SA), respectively.
· Shares issued by SARLs and SAs should have a nominal value of XOF 5,000 and XOF 10,000, respectively.
· SARLs should a have a minimum of 1 shareholder and a maximum of 50. SAs should have at least 1 shareholder.
· Administration of a SA is given to the Board of Directors while the management is given to the C.E.O. or Chairman of the Board of Directors and Managing Director. In cases, wherein there is only a maximum 3 shareholders, administration and management are tasked to the managing director.
· Branches of foreign companies can operate only for 2 years unless renewed.
· Representative offices are not allowed to conduct any commercial activities. Further, they can only operate for 2 years unless renewed.
YourGlobalPro can assist you in Togo Legal and Compliance requirements.
HR and Employment Law and Immigration / VISA
Below are some of the important points in relation to HR & employment law in Togo:
· The maximum length of fixed term contracts including renewals is 48 months.
· Working hours of all employees in any enterprise, except for the agricultural sector, normally are not to exceed 40 hours per week.
· At least 24-hour rest period is mandatory for all employees.
· Employers must pay a premium of 20% of hourly pay for overtime work
· Paid annual leaves regardless of tenure is 30 days.
· Maternity leave granted is a minimum of 98 days.
· A valid passport and visa are required to enter Togo.
· Visas issued upon arrival in Togo are limited to 7 days and can be extended at no cost during the 7 – day period.
· Documentation of Yellow Fever vaccination is required for all individuals entering Togo who are over one year of age.
· A letter of invitation from the employer in Togo explaining the relationship to the applicant and the purpose of travel to Togo is a requirement for foreign nationals applying for a work visa.